Thursday, March 8, 2012

Power of Being Bulletproof


Key Scripture:"You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day."  Psalms 91:5
Power Point:
Some days I feel like a need a “bulletproof” vest. Know what I mean? Have you ever had days when it just seems like everyone and everything is against you?  You know, the person who is ringing up your order at the grocery store snarls at you or your pastor picks that day to preach on the one thing you’d like to forget or the news anchors delight in telling you how low the stock market has fallen.
Life just keeps happening doesn’t it?
The thing is, we have to push through being target practice for the enemy and wear our “bulletproof” armor.  We have to march right through the enemy lines and watch those bullets and hand grenades fall to the ground without causing any damage.  In fact, in Psalms 91 God promises us just that. He says that we’ll watch total destruction around us but it won’t come near us. Bullets may fly to the left of us and to the right but they will not touch us.
Why?  Because God Himself protects us. Selah.  Stop and think about that. If you stay vitally, intimately connected with His thoughts and His plans for you, you are safe and sound. When I have a day where people are taking potshots at me, I like to shift the atmosphere. Yesterday my son and I went to a local store. He had something to return but didn’t know he was supposed to return it before he went in to the store. After we got everything we needed and found out that “yes” we could return the original purchase, we approached the lady at the return desk. She was grumpy and sharp and she told him in no uncertain terms what he should have done things differently.
I didn’t have time yesterday but normally I like to inject a little kingdom life into a situation like that. In fact, I had that opportunity this morning at the airport. The lady at the newsstand sharply told me to move. I thought well, here we go! So as she began to ring up my purchases, I said, “Have you been here a long time today?” She sighed and said “yes”.  I replied, “Is it almost over?” Yes.  And then I said, “Well, I hope the remaining time goes really quickly for you so that you can go home and get some rest.” She looked and me and smiled and cheerfully said, “You have a good day!” Easy. She felt better and so did I! And I think I heard my Father say, “That’s my girl!”
I know that sometimes bullets can sting us as they fly past us but Beloved we have the means within us to change what happens around us. We have the authority and the assignment to do just that. We can be "bulletproof"!
So whose life will you touch today? Who will be your "woman at the well"? Whose day will you brighten?  It only takes a moment or two and it’s an investment in someone else’s life to see show them Jesus in action.
Come ON!
Power Thought:
God's protection is bulletproof.

No comments:

Post a Comment