Thursday, March 1, 2012

Power of A Happy Reaper


Power of the Happy Reaper
Key Scripture:  For whatever a man sows, that and that only is what he will reap.” Galatians 6:7
Power Point:
To reap the blessings of the kingdom in your life, you have to sow the seeds for those blessings to grow in your life.  Do you remember the story of the fig tree? I bet it wished it had spent more time growing fruit that the King could eat instead of just those leaves. When Jesus walks past your house today what fruit will He see?
The fruit He is looking for is love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  The fruit He wants to pluck from your branches is faithfulness to His word, generosity, grace, faith and kingdom power. Beloved, He says that whatsoever we sow in our lives is what we will reap. He says if we sow to the Spirit instead of the flesh, then we will harvest from the Spirit. That's a good option.  I can’t sow doubt and unbelief and expect the rewards of faith. I can’t sow selfishness and anger and jealousy and expect kindness and loyalty to abound in my life. We will reap what we sow. Six words.  Those six little words are an absolute foundation for kingdom life.
You see my friend, if we are following after His Spirit, then we will do what He would do continuously, day after day, year after year.  No matter what your flesh is telling you, if you allow His Spirit to lead you in any situation then spiritual blessing is what will be returned to you. When you sow kindness or generosity in a situation it will come back to you. It may not be in that moment but at some point you will reap what you’ve sown. Sometimes when I’m driving and I show kindness to someone, I always find that kindness returned to me later on. At some point, when I really need it, someone will return the favor.  Usually the thing that I am blessed by is exactly what I blessed someone else with. I am alwayshappy to reap that!
It’s a really good reason to grow in faith isn’t it? And to walk in love. And to bear one another’s burdens. Those things give the fruit of the Spirit room to grow.  It’s a wonderful incentive to change our input and our output. If we sow to the life of the Spirit in us then we will reap the blessings back in abundance. If we don’t-well, I think you get the picture.
So are people being unkind to you? Are you sowing kindness? Are they being judgmental and critical? Are you sowing grace? When Jesus walks by me and inspects my fruit, it will be obvious to Him, one way or the other. Why? Because not only do we reap what we sow in our lives, so does everyone else.
Six little words. I know some areas of my own life where God is telling me to pull up the weeds and start sowing seeds of the kingdom. I need more grace, more kindness, more love, more wholeness, more revelation-more of everything that Jesus died to give me. How about you?  I guess I’d better get those “seeds of the kingdom” in fertile soil so that they can grow big and I will have a “huge” harvest of kingdom blessings. I intend to be a “Happy Reaper” not a grim one! How about you?
Power Thought:
Whatsoever a man sows, sows, sows, and sows and habitually keeps on sowing, he shall reap and reap and keep on reaping with ever increasing abundance. (Unknown).

No comments:

Post a Comment