Saturday, March 10, 2012

Power of His Peace


Key Scripture:  “My peace I leave with you. Not as the world gives do I give.”  John 14:26
Power Point:
 "Not as the world gives." What does that mean? Peace from the world is transient. If your peace is based on your wealth or your health or your circumstances then when those things change, so does your peace. The thing about the Peace that Jesus left us is that it is beyond comprehension. No matter what our wealth, our health or our circumstances are, we can have solid-Rock, bedrock Peace. Whenever I go somewhere on a visit and then return home, I am always so blessed as I enter onto my property and into my house. God has established His peace in this place and it is a tangible feeling that I experience each time. It’s as though the house smiles and embraces me and says, “Enter into His peace.”
I have had a lot of “Un-Peace” times in my life, as I am sure you have. During those times I learned that “peace” was my most valuable possession. As I think back over the “impossibles” that God has made possible in my life, I think the lessons He has taught me about “Peace” are the ones that affect me most.  Once I had experienced it, I simply couldn’t live without it. 
God’s Peace is freedom from every form of worry because of God’s promises of provision for whatever you need.
God’s Peace is the ability to remain more connected to the mind of Christ and the Heart of God than you are to anything the world has to offer.
Isaiah 54 says that God will never let His covenant of peace be taken away from us. In fact, He promises that neither His kindness nor His peace will be removed. I think that knowing that He is always kind is important to having His peace.  Knowing that He is good and that He is kind are the foundation of being able to rest in His peace.  The word for “peace” in John 14 is “eirene” which means security, safety, and prosperity. (Because peace and harmony make and keep things safe and prosperous) I like that definition. If peace and harmony are the results of you abiding in and keeping His Word alive and well in your life then you will be “safe and sound”. When you know that you know that you know that, you will abide in Peace.
Last week I was listening to a news program. They were “over the moon” because the stock market had gone higher than it had in five years. This week I heard the same “talking heads” saying that the Dow had dropped to the lowest in five months. Well, if my prosperity and my provision were dependent on the world’s markets I would have been worried all week. I would have been jubilant one minute and depressed the next. But I have come to understand that my provision and my prosperity come from the One who is the most generous giver in heaven and earth and He delights in giving to me! (And you!) So when I hear the naysayers saying “nay” to the economy I simply thank the Lord for His goodness to me, and the extravagance of His provision for His kids. I have often prayed that my family would be “living proof” of the goodness of God. (That’s in Romans 12:1,2). I’ve prayed that our lives would reflect the goodness of His will in every area. I see it happening. I know it’s happening because God is good, and because God is kind, and He left me His Word on it. That brings me His peace. I hope it brings you His peace too. 
Power Thought:
Jesus never does anything the “worlds” way. He always has a better way. That should help you to sleep like a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment