Saturday, March 3, 2012

Power of Being Safe and Sound


Power of Being Safe and Sound
Key Scripture: The name of the Lord is a strong tower.  The righteous run into it and are safe.”  Proverbs 18:10
Power Point:
As I prepared to fly to Phoenix this week to visit my family, I noticed that there were some severe storms we would be flying over in the middle of the country. 'Hmm", I thought, "Things could be bumpy." They were. 
Years ago I was definitely a white-knuckled flyer. As I’ve grown in my understanding of who I am in Christ and what He has given to me in terms of authority, I no longer fall apart when things "get bumpy".  When things got bad on the airplane, I quietly spoke to the storm and said,  “Peace be still.” If it didn't, I did. I entitled my journal entry, the next morning, “Safe and Sound”, because I was grateful to have arrived here exactly that way.
Beloved, safety is what Jesus died to give us. Proverbs 18 tells us that God is our safe place. Maybe we need to think about that more often. If Satan’s biggest threat against us is to make us fear, don’t we need to remember what God says about safety?  When storms threaten we can run to the name of the Lord, to the refuge of the name which is above all names, and to the place where we are always safe and sound.  I love the word for “safe” in this verse. It is “Jeshuaand it means everything you would think it means. In the New Testament, Jesus Himself says, “I have come to save the world.” The word “save is sozoand it means not just to save us from our sins but to keep keep us safe and sound by rescuing us from danger or destruction. God has always been the strong tower we can run to in times of trouble. Jeshua has always offered us a place of safety. Have you found it?
When I was flying above the storms in that little silver bullet, the intensity of those storms below me was devastating. It is such a perfect picture of how we are to fly above our own storms isn’t it? Jesus offers us the privilege of being safe and sound no matter what comes against us if we run into the safe place of our relationship with Him.
Are there storms in your life today that are threatening to steal, kill and destroy the good things in your life? Run; do not walk into the place of safety that God has provided for you in Jesus.  He wants everyone to be safe. Everyone. You can do that by simply believing His promises of rescue, safety, and deliverance for every need in your life every moment of every day. He will lift you high above your circumstances out of reach of the enemy.  When the road gets bumpy, He offers you the security of being safe and sound. He offers you a safe place where nothing can harm you.
Power Thought:
Now I will arise, says the Lord, I will set him in the safety for which he longs.Psalms 12:5
 He is such a good God.


No comments:

Post a Comment