Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Power of His Humble Presence


Key Scripture:  “My presence will go with you.”  Exodus 33:14
Power Point:
I love the exchange between God and Moses in Exodus 33. When I’m feeling a little “shaky” about something, I love to go back there and remind myself of what God wants me to know about Him.  Moses had seen all those miracles, had been part of all of them, and was, to put it mildly, awestruck. Why? Because this incredibly powerful God had humbled Himself to care for His chosen ones, the ones that He loved.  I love that about Him!  This morning as I was rereading that passage I was reminded of Psalms 113:6 where it says that God humbled Himself to see what was going on in heaven and earth. What a thought! He makes Himself small enough to be intimately involved in all the details of my life-and yours. What happens in our life matters to Him. If we have needs He meets them. If we have desires He fulfills them. If we can’t find the path, He guides us. If we get confused, He clarifies our thoughts and leads us.  If we stumble, He picks us up.  If we mess up He forgives us. If we are sad, He cheers us up.  If we are weak He strengthens us. If we are lonely, He sits by us. If we are sick He heals us. If we are hurt He restores us. 
If we need instruction, He teaches us. If we forget He reminds us. If we feel helpless, He helps us.
If we falter in faith, He stirs us up again. If we are frightened, He loves us into peace.  When the way seems dark, He shines His light.
He tells us His secrets, explains the Truth about Himself that will set us free and make our lives abundant in every way.
Now that’s a GOOD God. Don’t you agree?
Power Thought:
God has humbled Himself to be involved in every detail of your life today.  Will you let Him?
He's with you. Are you with Him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment