Thursday, March 29, 2012

Power of Fullness In Dry Places


Key Scripture:  I will satisfy your soul in drought.” Isaiah 58:11
Power Point;
Isaiah says that even when its dry as a desert in my life, my heavenly Father will satisfy my soul.  The word “satisfy” means He will "make me as full as I want to be." Have you ever come off the mountain with God and run smack into a dry place? God promises that even in that dry and dusty place, He will fill your soul full. When you are ”full”, Satan will do his best to empty you.  When the power is working, he’ll do his best to make it stop.
We’ve forgotten that much of the New Testament is about fighting, standing, holding your ground, and possessing your land, all while wearing your Dad’s armor.  I think that means that we’re not supposed to accept defeat in those battles. We are to fight back!  If you don’t live suited up with God’s armor you’re allowing yourself to become vulnerable to those nasty little skirmishes. If you’re not armed with His power than you probably are looking at dry, dry, dry. That‘s one of the really important reasons to meet daily with the Lord and get His view on things and let him equip you for the day.
Beloved, the less time you spend with Him, the less equipped you will be. The thing is, God’s  promise to us is that we are filled, but its your choice, after all, to maintain that filling. You have as much of God as you will ever need.  It’s your choice what you believe about that and what you do with it
God says “I have no lack”, but I can lack if I choose to.
God says, “I am powerful”, but if I don’t grow in my knowledge of that I can become powerless. It’s my choice.
This last week was an opportunity to “practice what I write”. I found myself in the middle of my own “pity party”. I had begun the week with a fresh promise from the Lord and I was full of vim and vigor to see it fulfilled.  By the end of the week, I found myself covered over by the very thing I had been promised victory over. I could have stayed at my party, but it was a little lonely, so I decided to go back to the Truth of Who I know God is for me, and What He has promised to be for me in this particular situation and I began declaring that promise loudly for everyone to hear, (especially me.) That’s the way the battle works beloved, and unless you’re willing to fight for your promise, and to war for your soul to be satisfied, it won’t be.  It’s as simple as that. So today I’m off and running and my foundation is even stronger because of that skirmish. You see I know my God is good. I know that He keeps His word. And I know it’s my choice to believe that or not. That’s why when the desert places appear in my life, I run to Him and let Him fill me as full as I wanna be. Don't you think that's a good idea?
Power Thought:
With God there’s always more than enough to satisfy us. But it’s always our choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment