Friday, March 2, 2012

Power of First Place


Key Scripture: Put me at the top of your list.” Matthew 6:33, Suzanne version.
Power Point:
I know I’ve shared with you that my grandson’s football team won the National Football Championship last spring. As I’ve looked at videos of the event the joy of everybody involved is a sight to behold. I don’t ever think they’ll forget the moment in their lives when they were in “first place”.
Have you ever thought about how God feels when you put Him in first place in your life? We all have daily checklists, don’t we? Is He at the top of your “to-do” list? Before my eyes are really opened, I’m thanking Him for the surprising blessings He has stored up for me. I’m telling Him how grateful I am for His presence in my life and I’m taking all the “Suzanne” thoughts and plans and purposes and connecting them to all the “good” of His promises and His character. That makes for a really good day.
Do you remember the scripture that says that God’s eyes are constantly roaming to and fro across the earth to find the heart that is completely loyal toward Him? (II Chronicles 16:9) He does that so He can show Himself strong for them. Loyalty to Him is a chief ingredient of faith isn’t it? Loyalty is simply putting Him first because you trust Him. It’s really important to a healthy relationship with Him.
So what does it mean to place Him at the top of your list? I guess it would mean that nothing distracts you from spending intimate time with Him every single day. I guess that it would mean that that your plans and purposes take “second place” to His. I think it means that not only are you searching Him out first thing in your day but that He remains in first place no matter what. The word for “seek” in Matthew 6:33 means to investigate, explore, require something as your greatest need. It means you are actively searching for more of Him. It means He's really important to you.
What are the results of a loyal heart that puts God first? Well to name a few:
He shows Himself strong for you. He flexes His muscles in your life.
He honors you as you honor Him.
All your needs are met.
He satisfies your soul with the fullness of His love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, gentles, faithfulness and self-control.
He leads you every step of your way, and He walks with you.
He guides, teaches, and lights up your life.
Don’t you think it would be a good idea when you make your “to-do” list that you put Him down first, middle, and last. It would make Him so very happy and He’d never forget the joy of those moments. That video would be awesome!
Power Thought:
When He’s at the top of the list, the rest of the list goes more smoothly. Everything you need in your life is added to it. Everything. That’s a pretty good exchange don’t you think?
Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment