Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Power of Color


Power of Color
Key Scripture: "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."  II Peter 2:9
Power Point:
The Wonderful World of Disney. I don’t know if you’re old enough to remember that first “live and living color” TV program but I remember it well. We had one of the first color televisions around and every Sunday night at 7 pm, the family would gather round for the spectacular color and good family entertainment that was Disney. I remember my fascination with every detail.  Of course, the programs themselves were really good but the thing that most drew my attention was the beautiful color. Up to that point no one had seen color on television and the truth is that if you had a choice between the small screen black and white TV to the larger TV with all that gorgeous color-it was no contest.
It really is a good comparison for me to the time when Holy Spirit lit up my black and white life with all the colors of His kingdom. My view of kingdom life, of God, and even of Jesus, was very small. There was no color. There were rules but not a lot of life. When Holy Spirit began to add His life to mine, the colors amazed me.  He loves color and now, so do I. Whereas I was simply a “vanilla” girl, now I’m sampling some of the other flavors of the Kingdom. I’m sure most of you have visited the new yogurt shops where you can sample ten or twelve flavors (sometimes extreme flavors) of yogurt. Once you make that decision you have so many toppings to choose from, it’s almost impossible to decide isn’t it? I ‘m getting tired just thinking about it!
Beloved, that’s what the Kingdom should bring to your life-flavor and color. If that isn’t happening, perhaps today would be a good time to knock on Holy Spirit’s door and invite him to dance with you down the golden yellow streets of the kingdom where new tastes and smells await you everywhere. This is the Wonderful World of Jesus. This is what He died to give you. Don’t miss it! He has sent His own precious Spirit to color and flavor your life above and beyond all you could ask or think. Don’t you want to at least sample it?

Power Thought:
The Wonderful World of the Kingdom of God-have you seen it in living color?

No comments:

Post a Comment